Flying Anvil Theatre
Just like everyone else, we’re hunkered down at home, trying to stay connected remotely. The past couple of months have been quite a challenge but our local theatre community, both artists and audiences, have been generous with their resources, talents and good wishes. We miss you all!
Of course we’re chomping at the bit to get back to work, but we have reviewed the Knox County Health Department’s Phased Reopening Plan, and are following the guidance listed there. Theatres are not to reopen during Phase 1, and we’ll wait until we hear otherwise to open our doors. Be assured that in whichever phase we are allowed to reopen, you’ll be informed of our efforts to keep audiences and artists safe.
In accordance with the phased reopening, operations within our building are still suspended. We have also decided to shift our schedule a bit. We originally announced we would postpone Ideation, but have decided to cancel the show entirely. We are also cancelling Falsettos, scheduled for this summer. We’re hoping to reopen by August, and have decided to replace the originally scheduled show The How and the Why with Neil Simon’s The Sunshine Boys.
We plan on opening that show on August 6th with new standards in place to create the ability to physically distance while enjoying the show. Depending on what data and local leaders tell us about the situation in August, we may have other procedures in place. Keep an eye on this page for details.
If you would like to go ahead and purchase tickets for The Sunshine Boys, please do! We are currently limiting tickets to 50 per show, and will open up more if and when we feel it is safe to do so.
For Flying Anvil Kids! annual summer camps, we have decided to transition to virtual camp for June. We hope that this decision will bring confidence when making a decision to sign a student up for camp. We are also reducing the cost of those camps by 40%- to $120. Now that these camps are virtual, they are not restricted to students just in Knoxville! If you know a family who might be interested, please share!
We have not made a decision on our July Musical Theatre Camp yet, and will wait to make a decision until the beginning of June. This camp is available for Pre-Registration. This allows parents to reserve a spot for their young person in whatever form camp takes- and also gives the ability to make the best decision for their family when we announce the status of the camp. Don’t hesitate to pre-register… there’s no cost to put your young person’s name down!
We are still exploring new ways of being creative. If you haven’t gotten a chance to see the Monologue-a-Thon, check it out here! We are so grateful to be able to pay local theatre artists in this difficult time, and we appreciate those of you who have donated to help us do so.
We’ll be bringing more exciting content to you, so stay tuned to our social media channels in order to get the most out of Flying Anvil!